The Nginx reverse proxy server runs well on Raspberry Pi 3 and you can use it behind a router to route HTTP traffic to upstream web applications.
Some examples of web applications that you may want to host at home includes:
- WordPress site on Raspberry Pi 3
- Raspberry Pi Zero W CCTV for security surveillance
- Fast Git Server based on Go Git Service and Raspberry Pi Zero W
- Codiad Web IDE on Raspberry Pi 3
- ProjectSend for sharing files with my friends
- Python 3 Flask MVP with Supervisor on Ubuntu Server 16.04
- Jenkins running on Raspberry Pi 3 and Raspbian Stretch Lite
This post discusses how you can build a reverse proxy server with nginx, Certbot, Raspbian Stretch Lite and Raspberry Pi 3 to proxy HTTP traffic directed at applications on your home network.