A website is a collection of related web pages, including multimedia content, that people can access anytime from anywhere of the Internet.
A website facilities the exchange of information between multiple parties. For instance, when you read the content of this page, I would have, hopefully, share the information of how to host multiple websites from home.
With the proliferation of single-board computers, it is now inexpensive to deploy computing devices to serve web applications from home. If you do not switch off your Internet modem at home, you may want the option of accessing some of these devices when you are away from home.
For example, here are some web applications / websites that you may host from home:
- WordPress on Raspberry Pi 3 with Raspbian Stretch Lite, nginx, MariaDB and PHP 7 as the LEMP stack
- Static website on Raspberry Pi 3
- Raspberry Pi 3 Go Git Service
- Taiga project management system on Raspberry Pi 3
- Raspberry Pi 3 CCTV camera
- Raspberry Pi Zero W CCTV camera
- Codiad Web IDE on my Raspberry Pi 3
- ProjectSend on your Raspberry Pi 3 for sharing files
This post documents some procedures that we can follow in order to host multiple websites from home.